Attention all UK bikers! As you hit the road on your trusty two-wheeled steed, here are five things to keep in mind:
- The left lane is not just for losers - In the UK, we drive on the left-hand side of the road. So, if you're cruising in the left lane, you're doing it right! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Weather is not just a topic for small talk - As you know, the weather in the UK can be unpredictable at best. So, if you're heading out for a ride, be sure to check the forecast and dress accordingly. Don't want to end up looking like a drowned rat!
- Potholes are not your friends - We all know how annoying potholes can be when driving a car, but for bikers, they can be downright dangerous! Keep an eye out for them and avoid them at all costs. And if you can't avoid them, at least make sure you have good insurance.
- Pedestrians are not as nimble as you - As a biker, you have the advantage of being able to weave in and out of traffic. But remember, pedestrians are not as nimble as you! Always be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye out for people crossing the road.
- Loud pipes don't save lives, being seen and heard does - We've all heard the phrase "loud pipes save lives," but let's be real, they're just annoying. There is a difference between loud pipes and someone just making a racket. Don't be that biker who revs their engine excessively and makes everyone in a 10-mile radius jump out of their skin. It's not cool, and it's not safe
So, there you have it, folks! Keep these five things in mind, and you'll be a happy and safe biker in the UK. Ride on!